Build your web site in minutes!
Internet Gateway: Links
Build Your Own Webpage
Health & Medicine
Internet Reference for Newcomers
FCS Internet Newsletter
Website Designed by
The Art Department
- FirstGov -
Working to connect the world to all U.S. government information and services is no easy task, but this web site does an amazing
job. The government "portal" contains over 47 million pages of government information, services, and online transactions. An
amazing repository of information, the site offers links to an enormous number of government sites -- from information on agriculture
and food to facts about money and taxes. And if you're hoping to find more information on the recent tragic events and subsequent
U.S. policy, don't miss the U.S. in the World section.
- Bureau of Consular Affairs
- Bureau of Economic Analysis
- Congressional Biographical Directory
- from 1774 to the present.
- Congressional Quarterly Vote Watch
- a searchable database of important Contressional votes. Find out which way
your representatives voted. The database is updated daily and goes back 18 month.
- Consumer Information Center
View complete text editions of 200 of the best publications from the Federal Government.
- Declaration of Independence
- Federal Aviation Administration
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- The FBI's Current "Ten Most Wanted Fugitives"
- Federal Communications Commission
- Federal Reserve Board
- directory of federal laws, rules and regulations.
- The Federal Web Locator
- FedWorld Information Network
Access to the FedWorld file libraries with more than 10,000 files; Telnet site offers
access to information from over 50 agencies and includes access to online ordering
services, federal job opportunities; access to tax forms and instructions.
- GPO Access
Access to full-text databases that include: Budget of the US Government;
Congressional Documents; House Calendars; Senate Calendars; House Rules Manual;
Federal Register; GAO Reports; and much more.
- National Center for Infectious Diseases
- Government Information Xchange
- established by the General Services Administration (GSA) to facilitate
the assimilation, sharing and dissemination of information resources
among federal, state and local governments, and to provide a convenient
forum for all levels of government to share and exchange information with
businesses and the American public.
- The Library of Congress
- The National Security Archive
- an independent non-governmental research institute and library located
at the George Washington University. The Archive collects and publishes
declassified documents acquired through the Freedom of Information Act.
- Supreme Court MultiMedia Database
- Thomas: Legislative Information on the Internet
Named after Thomas Jefferson, this text-only site delivers on a simple, elegant
concept: take the Congressional Record of the U.S. and every pending bill
before Congress and put it in a bazillion-gigabyte Web server. You can
research bills, follow the actions of bills sponsored by your own representatives, or
just filibuster around.
- US Census Bureau
- US Customs Service
- US Department of Justice
- US Department of State
- US Information Service
Access full text versions of the U.S. Constitution, Bill of Rights and Declaration
of Independence in English, French or Spanish. Brief histories, an outline of the
U.S. economic system, and a breakdown of branches of government are just the
beginning; cultural exchange info is provided for foreign students, too.
- US Postal Service
- US Supreme Court
- White House
|Top of Page|
- ACLU Freedom Network
- American Bar Association
- The Internet Lawyer
- Internet Lawyer says it navigates the Web for the legal
profession. Yet it's extensive legal affairs archive
should appeal to non-lawyers who for any reason have
a need to know about the law.
- Journal of Online Law
This online publication offers scholarly essays about law and its interaction
with cyberspace. This site brings legal style into the 21st century. Hyperlinks
provide the connection between text and footnotes so a reader
can easily navigate through the needed information.
- WWW Law search, powered by AltaVista
- Law Finder
- The 'Lectric Law
- a very complete law library on the web
- The Legal Survival Website
- For a wide range of free legal info -- from how to find
a lawyer to how to start a business -- with a minimum
of legalese. The Legal Survival site also offers to e-mail
its newsletter to you.
|Top of Page|
- Time, the first news
magazine, and CNN, the first 24-hour news
channel, join forces to explore the new
electronic medium. Besides delivering
news, AllPolitics aims to alter the political
landscape by reconnecting jaded citizens
with their leaders in online forums.
The Big Vote
- this survey is more fun than meaningful, as you can tell from the
opening salutation, "Vote now, vote often". Categories range from
politics to "geeky things".
- C-SPAN's Congressional Directory
- Congressional directories don't get better than this.
C-SPAN's listing of members of Congress and the
committees they serve on -- long a staple for
journalists -- comes to the WEB.
- The Capitol Steps
- EMILY's list
- political network for democratic women
- First Amendment Center
- The First Amendment Center expands its online
service by providing a daily review of legal
developments around the country. You'll also find links
to court decisions and Internet resources.
- In Search of Tocqueville's Democracy in America
- Retrace Alexis de Tocqueville's exploration of
Democracy in America, courtesy of C-SPAN. The
two-volume 19th Century study of the American
people and their political institutions is frequently
quoted because of its lasting insights.
- The Mary Matalin Show
- features well-known tv and national political strategist, Mary Matalin,
discussing a full range of issues. Guests include governors, senators,
congressmen, journalists, authors and newsmakers.
- Memoirs of a Libertarian Lawyer
- Online NewsHour - @ the Capitol
- keeping an eye on the 105th Congress
- Politically Incorrect
- website for Bill Maher's famous (infamous?) sense of humor
- The Unofficial Rush Limbaugh Page
- Michael Kinsley's online political magazine
|Top of Page|
|Top of Page|